Well, 7 years after we were awarded the games, Britain has finally arrived at the Opening Ceremony for the 30th Olympiad! This makes me incredibly excited, both because I am here to support my home nation (go Team GB, whoo!) but I am also set to go down and work in the Olympic Park next Sunday for a week. For anyone who doesn't know I work at the 'Official Restaurant of the Olympics' ahem, McDonald's ahem, and was selected to be part of the 1800 UK employees who competed to win their place in the squad to man the 4 restaurants in the Olympic park. I am incredibly excited to be involved in this once in a lifetime event, and feel proud to be supporting my home nation and my company!
That being said, I am off to live in London for a week and naturally need to begin thinking about what I am going to include in my suitcase. So, here's some of the products I'm planning on including in my travel make-up bag...
|Benefit Beauty Bag £22.50|
From left to right:
- Benefit They're Real Mascara - My all time favourite mascara, honestly I cannot find any fault with this little tube other than the fact I need to pay for a new one soon as it's running out!
- Nouveau Lashes Mascara - I got this in a Glossybox a while back and it's now one of my go to mascaras.
- MAC Zoom Lash Mascara - My mum gave this to me after finding that she didn't like it. I haven't really used it enough to decide if I like it or not, but it's MAC so hey!
- Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara - My favourite high end mascara, I absolutely love the effect the wand gives to your lashes.
- Caudalie Vinosource Day Serum - Another beauty box goodie, I love the feel of this on my skin.
- Good Things Miracle Mattifying Moisturiser - I absolutely love this brand, their products smell amazing and are a wonder and delight to use (proper blog post coming soon!).
- Murad Face Primer - Something I'm not too keen on, but trying to use up. I think I got this in a Glossybox.
- Benefit Playstick - Great solid to liquid type foundation in an easy-to-apply-and-transport stick.
- YSL Touche Eclat - Need I mention how amazing this wonderful pen is?!
- Revlon Kissable Balm Stain 'Rendevous' - A fabulous orange colour, new from Revlon.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion - I'm trying this out in place of my beloved Benefit eyelid primer, not too sure yet!
- Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner - Lots of Benefit love for this eyeliner, and it certainly doesn't come off when you cry!
- Soap & Glory Kohl Eyeliner - One of the softest, smoothest and most blend able eyeliners I have ever bought. £5.00 well spent.
- Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner - Believe it or not I bought this in Poundland and love the sky blue colour.
- Physicians Formula Pearl Blush - I bought this from a blogsale to try before I jet off to Florida to buy the rest of my Physicians Formula shopping list. Lovely little blush.
- Look Beauty Flirty Flick Eyeliner - A good little eyeliner, but one I'm trying to use up. It's not got that great a staying power.
- Benefit Eye Bright - Can you tell I love Benefit yet? Dab this pencil in the corner of each eye for instant wide awake bright eye.
- L'Oreal Superliner - My favourite ever liquid eyeliner. L'Oreal have made this specifically for blue eyes so it compliments my eyes superbly.
Just a small example of how much you can fit in the Benefit Beauty Bags!!
As you can imagine I am counting down the days until the 5th of August when I get to arrive at the Olympic Park and find out what restaurant I am working in. If you would like to come and follow me on twitter (@louisekwilliams) you can keep up to date with all of my Olympic news.
Are you crazy for the Olympics? Or already over it? Tell me your thoughts!