Products I Couldn't Live Without In 2012
2012 was a year of cosmetic discovery for me. It was the first year that I properly sat up and took note of fellow bloggers, spent lots of time reading new posts and finding people to follow. There were a lot of 'hyped' products that I succumbed to purchasing, Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo, Bioderma, MAC's Cranberry eyeshadow etc, but there were also a few products that I feel I discovered on my own before I read about them on blogs. Having been using these day in, day out for the best part of 2012, I want to share them here.
1) MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle - I first used a highlighter shade early on in 2012 and was completely hooked on being a gorgeous glowing diva (I jest, I saw Kim K looking fabulous and wanted to copy her look!). I'd never tried a MSF before, and the MAC lady recommended this gorgeous golden shimmery shade to try. She used it on my face in the store and I loved it, so much so that the iconic MAC dome has gone flat!
2) Maybelline FitMe foundation in 120 & 115 - My favourite foundation of 2012 by far. It's a gel like formula that rests lovely on the skin, leaves me with no dry patches and photographs lovely. Unfortunately I find myself in the middle of two colours, but I mix the two together and it looks fab.
3) Rimmel Kate Moss Matte in 101 - I have read that this lipstick is a good dupe for MAC's Snob and I didn't own any matte shades so this fell into my hand in Boots. I really love this colour, it's perfect for that daytime look when you don't want to look too made up but need a bit of colour on your face. As for the matte look, I'm not entirely sold yet, but this lipstick is fast becoming one of my firm favourites.
4) Good Things Deep Pore Anti Blemish cleanser - It's no secret that I am in love with the Good Things skincare brand, it's affordable, smells delicious (apart from the face wipes, they're kind of gross if you ask me) and works like a dream. I bought this when my Bioderma ran out and it picks up and left over dust and fluff off my face fantastically. High recommended!
5) Ciate Cutie Pie - My love affair for this shade began in the Mini Mani Month advent calendar for Ciate. I'd previously eyed it up online, and the whooped when I revealed it behind a door in my calendar. I adore this baby pink shade, it's so subtle and feminine.
6) Revlon Grow Luscious mascara - I initially picked this up for its promise of longevity and waterproof qualities for my holiday to Florida. Whilst in Florida I gave my skin a complete 2 week make-up break, only wearing this mascara daily, and some eye make-up once when we went out to Downtown Disney. Revlon say that this mascara will make lashes appear longer and look stronger and more conditioned every day and I honestly couldn't agree more. Having given this a proper 2 week trial of everyday use I'd say it's be best waterproof mascara I've ever used, and has helped my lashes to grow stronger and thicker. The only thing I'm not too keen on are the brush bristles as I prefer plastic bristles and these are not. Definite repurchase though.
7) Maxfactor Colour X-Pert Waterproof Eyeliner - I picked this up in Boots after my Look eyeliner ran out. I've always preferred liquid liner in some sort of soft felt tip form to pencil or gel, people say it's harder to use, but this girl managed to apply it on a train (Louise 1 - 0 Eyeliner). I don't particularly know how long lasting this is in the water as I usually remove mine in the shower, but it has ample staying power throughout the day, is highly pigmented and applies easy enough with a steady hand. Does what it says on the tin really!
8) MAC blusher in Lovejoy - Another love affair from MAC that came to me courtesy of the sales girl in the store (they are good at their jobs aren't they!). This is a gorgeous slightly shimmery browny rose blush colour that negates my need for bronzer, and really helps to tie up my whole make-up look when I go for a dusty burnt gold smokey eye. Love it, love it, love it.
9) Soap & Glory SugarCrush body cream - Mmmm, Sugar Crush smells amazing! This body cream is so thick and luxurious that I just want to eat it every time I take the lid off. I initially thought the scent would be a little overpowering, but it's hard to hate it. It moisturises beautifully and doesn't leave a sticky film like some products do.
10) Estee Lauder brush cleaner - Why I thought it was appropriate to pay £16 for a brush cleaner I'll never know, but this product is amazing. I cleans my brushes well by lathering into a foam so it really feels like I'm washing my hair! I'd buy this again if I was feeling overly flushed for cash, but I think I'd rather find some cheaper alternatives for when this runs out.
What were your go-to products of 2012?
Have you, or will you, try any of the above?
Have you entered my 10,000 page view giveaway yet? Do so here!