09/05/2013

Review // FaceB4

Just before I moved house I received a rather exciting looking silver bubble envelope containing two samples of new products due onto shelves in Boots (in fact they're probably out by now), Face B4's Daily Cleansing Foam and After Cleansing Serum (both retailing at £14.95 a piece). I was excited to try these, the serum more so, as I'm always after something to help my dry skin out. As ever, this review will be 100% honest, despite me receiving these two products for free. 
I'll begin by getting the negatives out the way. For a start the name 'Face B4' does not fill me with excitement, in fact I'm slightly worried that attempting to achieve a 'Face B4' will have me breaking out in spots thinking about what it is that the name of this product is supposed to bring to me. Face B4 what exactly? I'm stumped on this one. 

Moving on to my second negative, the packaging. To be perfectly blunt, what on Earth where they thinking? Don't get me wrong, it's not hideous, but it's just too busy for my liking. Face B4 doesn't strike me as something I'd want to pick up from a shelf and inspect/admire, it's a bit too clinical for me and the two people on the front look incredibly cheesy. If I'm being perfectly honest if I wasn't sent this to review I wouldn't have given it a second glance in Boots.While I'm always on the look out for new things to try, to me the packaging is important, although many would probably disagree! 
Looking past the packaging though this is a lovely little skincare duo. It's not amazing, but it's not terrible. Just nice, for want of a more exciting phrase. 

Daily Cleansing Foam What FaceB4 says: 'FaceB4 Daily Cleansing Foam is clinically proven to be the UK's most effective anti-bacterial facewash. FaceB4's unique dual-action blending system contains a patented ultra biocidal complex including Salicylic Acid that helps to remove impurities, so spots, blemishes and redness are reduced. FaceB4's dermatologically tested formula is safe and kind to use on all skin types, to help give you the spot-free skin you had B4'. 
I say: I'm not the biggest fan of foaming cleansers. If I want bubbles, I'll be the one to add them to my bath, they shouldn't just appear in my opinion. That said, this cleansed my face nicely. The dual nozzles were an interesting touch. One side contains a cleanser, and the other a toner, why they couldn't have mixed the two together to make the tube less bulky I don't know. But this cleanser didn't leave my skin feeling overly dry and tight as usually happens with other cleansers, it felt clean and wonderfully fresh. Win! I can't say, however, that it's done wonders for my skin yet, but then again I haven't given it a long trial run so it might do over time. I don't know what kind of skin I'm going to find from my 'skin I had before', though? Perhaps I was a pore free supermodel with a perfect complexion in a past life and that's all going to rush back to me...*I can dream*.

After Cleansing Serum What FaceB4 says: 'Helps maintain spot-free, clear skin', 'Vitamin enriched to moisturise, soothe and protect skin', 'Gentle formula for all skin types', 'Helps prevent blemishes'. 
I say: I was excited to see a serum in my parcel because I've heard good things about serums aiding the injection of moisture back into the skin in conjunction with a moisturiser. Having dry skin, a serum would benefit me greatly and to be honest this one has, but not too much at the moment. I still suffer with dry skin on my nose, but I can only hope that with continual use of this serum it'll help with that!

Overall I'm not convinced that the cleanser and the serum are worth £14.95 each, that seems a bit steep in my opinion, but perhaps with continued use I'll be able to find out why they are priced so. I'm a great believer that you get what you pay for, and to pay just shy of £15 for a cleanser, it has to be amazing in my opinion. This duo just doesn't quite cut it yet, but with continued use I may be persuaded to change my mind...I'll update you soon and let you know :) 

What's your favourite cleanser? Do you have a skincare routine?

2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to jeddah

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a really nice product! great post!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx