16/08/2013

Review // Treacle Moon 'The Candy Jar' Shower Gel

When the time comes for a new shower gel or body wash I usually dive straight into my stash and pick out the first one I can find, as more often than not there's a multitude of different brands and smells to choose from. But, shock horror, what happens when you realise that you've got none left? That you've managed to wade through your shower gel stash and actually need to buy a new one?! Well, I say, if you're like me and love sickly sweet just-been-sprayed-with-candy-floss type scents head straight for your nearest Tesco megastore and feast your eyes on a new Treacle Moon Co collection: The Candy Jar.

I picked up the marshmallow hearts scent, but there was also a cream soda, lime and toffee bon bon and they all smell equally delicious, not too sickly, but definitely sweet as candy. I love the packaging on the bottles, the colours are bright and fun, and remind me of a Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe, the ones with the massive jars of sweets they'd weigh out for you and the explosion of colours everywhere you look. The product itself lathers well and does precisely what it's supposed to do, I feel clean and refreshed with each use and find myself looking forward to the next shower I take so that I can use this again. My only upset is that I didn't pick up any of the other scents available, so perhaps the next weekly shop will see another Treacle Moon product placed into the trolley...!

Priced at £2.99 a piece for 500ml of product, you're definitely getting your money's worth here, this bottle looks like it's going to last me for ages and it's incredibly affordable too!

What kind of scents to you go for in a shower gel? Are you like me and enjoy sweet things, or are you more of a floral person?

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of product! Fantastic price as well! xx

    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I can't stop myself from buying too many shower gels!
    x

    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kinda thing! Sweet but not sickly, perfect! :)
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds divine! I may have to pick one up next time I need a shower gel :) http://maliberrymakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    x x x

    P.S. See you at the meet tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these flavours sounds gorgeous!! I think I'd have to try Cream Soda first :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this looks great, I have been using a strawberries and cream one for the past month and having to go back to a tangerine scent one is horrible! :|

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am a Treaclemoon Collector from Germany and some editions are still missing in my collection (mostly because they have never been sold in Germany). I am looking for lavender, melon, pomegranate, Candy Jars Toffee, Almond, ice crem Soda, Marshmallow Hearts and Apple Pie (green). Do you have some of them which you are selling (and shipping to Germany)? I would be really grateful if I could buy some of them. Best regards, Anna-Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx