03/01/2012

Deborah Lippmann - Happy Birthday


When GlossyBox sent me a Deborah Lippmann mini polish in their December box I loved the colour and thought it was entirely apt for the Festive party season. I didn't really think any more of the brand until I  espied it in House of Fraser today amongst the Xen-Tan and the Rituals bath products and there, right in front of me was a great many shades for me to road test, and being the girl who gravitates towards anything metallic, glittery or pink, naturally I had to have it! And I honestly have only one word for this nail polish and that is 'Ahh-mazing'.

I love the glitter, how it's all different colours and sizes. Lippmann's website names it a 'party in a bottle' and it certainly is. The name and all of the colours together certainly remind me of the fun birthday parties I have attended in my years, and of course I can't specifically reserve this polish for birthday's as it's just too pretty.



I applied it straight onto my naked nails (too excited for a base coat at the moment!) and there you have the party from the bottle and onto my fingers. It's the sort of polish that you can match to someone's personality, the fun, happy outgoing kind of person who likes to be a bit out there and noticed. I believe I embody some of these traits, especially when I wear nail shades or effects that people comment on and notice.

The only qualm I have with this is the price. I paid £16 for this pretty polish in House of Fraser (yes, I'll be the first to admit it was an impulse buy but the more I look at my nails, the more I fall in love with the glitter!). Lippmann's website here sells bottles for $18 a piece which is roughly £11.50. Why must they push the prices up!?

You can purchase 'Happy Birthday' from House of Fraser online, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx