31/12/2013

Through The Gates Of Janus - Hello 2014.

Found here
Janus is the Roman God of beginnings and transitions, and is usually depicted as having two faces, one looking into the past, and the other directed towards the future. January, the name of which is derived from Janus, has always been my month of reflection on the past, and musing on the future 365 days. Put simply, I always like to take time around New Year to sit and ponder what the next 12 months have in store for me, and think about everything I achieved, or didn't quite achieve in the previous year, and work out what I would like to accomplish in the next. Just as Janus would do, I find myself casting the two faces of my mind back and forth to work out how to live in the future whilst still learning from the past.
Found here.
2013 was overall a successful year for me in terms of big life changes. I graduated in June from Durham University with a 2:1 (Hons) in Criminology, got promoted to management at work (passing that course with hons too), found a flat, set up home and then had to move out. Found a new flat and set up home and finally felt happy. I also celebrated 3 and 3.5 years of togetherness with Joseph, turned 22 and discovered the delight of Dairylea Dunkers Jumbo Tubes. (Seriously, they're amazing.) I've also spent far too much money on delightful things like new makeup (discovering YSL, Chanel and Nars makeup properly) my Michael Kors handbag and a Nintendo 3DS, and whiled away many hours booking imaginary holidays to Disneyland Paris and WDW Florida.

2013 also contained some less successful moments. I got through to the final rounds for some job positions but was always the other person of the final two who didn't get the job. We lost my Grandad over the summer to lung cancer and sadly mourned his passing up near Liverpool where he was from. Money has also been a bit downer in 2013, especially working out how to run a home, paying all the bills and living life at the same time. I feel like I've really had to grow up in the latter half of 2013, looking after a man, ensuring we're fed and watered, paying council tax etc etc...
Found here.
At the end of 2013, as 2014 draws closer, many of us will be turning towards making resolutions for ideas to cling on to that will provide us some anchorage in this tumultuous world. Like last year I will not be making resolutions, I will be continuing with my bucket list '214 things for 2014' which you can view under the named tab underneath my blog banner. I managed to achieve 142/213 things on my bucket list for 2013, which is not bad going in my opinion. The other 71 goals will be modified for 2014 and I might cast some aside and try again another time.

I hope that 2014 is filled with only good things for you. Have a happy and safe New Year :) 

Are you making any goals or resolutions for 2014? If so, what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx