So that's why I'm going on my ban, to help me help myself. I'm fed up of living from payday to payday (and I get paid every other Thursday, so twice a month), want to fill up my ISA to save for Florida 2016, and be more comfortable with my finances. Truth be told I am rubbish with money, not rubbish in the sense that I'm ridiculously wasteful as I will always have money for bills like the council tax and the water, but money burns holes in my pocket, I feel like I have to spend it, and I'm fed up with that.
So this ban will last from January 1st - April 10th 2014. That's 100 days. 100 days of not spending a single frivolous penny on anything but bills and a calculated budget for food.
I can do this.
- I may only buy something if something, or anything remotely similar, is completely gone, and I actually need it - i.e I will only buy shampoo once all the other shampoos in my stash have gone.
- I will learn the difference between want and need.
- I may spend money on other people - i.e for birthdays, treating my Mum to dinner etc, but it has to be a set budget and I will not to go over it.
- I will keep all receipts if I do buy something and add up how much I've spent every week and write and update post every fortnight (to coincide with payday).
- I will put at least £50 a month into my ISA to start the Florida 2016 fund.
- I will not buy any food outside of the weekly shop.
- I can keep my subscription to Birchbox as my monthly makeup and skincare treat.
So those are my rules, let's do this!