19/03/2012

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation: Initial Opinions

Sorry for the dirty bottle!
This was given to me by a Benebabe as a free 'try me' sample.
Say hello to Benefit's latest wonder product, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. I absolutely love Benefit, there's honestly not a lot on the Benefit counters that I don't currently own, or have owned before and have used up. There was obviously a big gap in their product line for a liquid foundation. They have the Playsticks, Some Kind-A Gorgeous cream foundation and the You Rebel tinted moisturisers but not a true liquid foundation. And here it is! Benefit have this to say, from their website:
"
  • broad-spectrum 
  • SPF 25 PA+++ protection**
  • oil-free formula
  • natural finish
  • hydrating benefits
  • light-diffusing properties
  • available in 9 shades

**What does PA+++ mean? SPF stands for the protection grade of the UVB filter. PA stands for the protection grade of the UVA filter. The highest standard of sun protection rating is the three-star PA rating. Our foundation has three stars, which translates to the highest protection. 
"
Sounds cool, non?

I received this shade, 'Cheers to me' Champagne. I do love how the shades are in keeping with the Hello Flawless face powder that they already have in the permanent line (I'm a 'Gee I'm Swell' Shell shade) and that you can match them up to complement each other. This sample would definitely go more with 'I'm Vain' Champagne, and it is, therefore, the wrong shade for my skin.
I am the first to admit that this particular colour makes me look a little orange tinted. I mean just applying it to my face turned my eyebrows yellow (cue HD Brows to the rescue!) so I cannot obviously give you a complete review on the colour matching to your skin, other than to say please, please get a Benebabe to match you, don't just buy the shade you think would suit you. Looking at this in the bottle I thought it would suit me, but, although once blended and with my powder on top it looks ok, it's far, far too dark for my skin.

So does it measure up? Honestly, it's a fabulous foundation, but not the best foundation I have ever tried that suits my skin. However, I will be buying a full size bottle when they arrive in store at the end of the month because I want to know what it would be like with my true shade. My reason is this: I have really, really dry skin on my face, even after copious amounts of moisturiser and primer this foundation was so flaky on my nose and cheekbones (yuck!). I don't like looking like old wallpaper, and I found this to be a really drying formula. Sure it glides on neatly enough, it's not really thick and you definitely won't look caked (unless you're looking for that finish!), but I have no idea how it can be so drying. So I don't know about the 'hydrating benefits' claim mentioned above, but then again, maybe it's just me, me and my flaky face :(

What I do love about this is the packaging, it's simple, and it retains that Benefit magic that they give to every product. Also, to receive such a wonderful sample size is also amazing, many companies offer a sachet for one day's use but I'm getting more than a week's worth here I reckon. So like I said, good all round foundation, does what it says on the tin, apart from the hydrating element, which I so desperately need!

Have you tried this yet? Will you be willing to part with £24.50 to buy a bottle? Any tips for rehydrating my face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx