13/10/2011

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Universal Lip Glow

I was perusing Boots today in search of something nice to cheer myself up after realising that I will never see my purse again ( I left it in a Chinese restaurant and someone stole it, when I asked them to check the CCTV apparently it wasn't working and had no tape - what kind of respectable establishment has CCTV but no tape?!). I am an emotional shopper, like an emotional eater I tell myself it's ok to part with however many pounds for that selfish gain one receives from rewarding your own emotions. Like when I take an exam I buy myself something to get over the shock of the exam and when I pass the exam I buy myself a congratulatory present. Anyway, I decided that I would be allowed to treat myself more on this occasion as I was feeling blue about having to fork out to replace my driving licence (still green, thanks for asking), my bank cards, my ID and so on. And this is how I stumbled upon this little beauty:


L'Oreal are best known for hair products and their make-up and I believe that they're a brand at the forefront of make-up innovation. Take their Studio Secrets face primer for example, a product of wonder! Still what some would call a 'drugstore' brand, L'Oreal are a little bit more expensive than your Maybelline, Rimmel and Collection 2000 which sit alongside it in the store. I like to think that L'Oreal are on par with Maxfactor, for the woman who likes expensive cosmetics, but doesn't want to endure the sometimes pushy and over made up sales girls at Estee Lauder, Lancome and Clinique.

What formally attracted me to this lip product was the fact that it was orangey pink, looked a little like jelly and appeared to be a cross between a lip gloss, lip balm and lipstick upon first glance. I now know that it's a 'universal lip glow', as explained on the L'Oreal website, 'L'OrĂ©al Paris' first lipstick that adapts uniquely to the moisture of your lips to form a bespoke, individual colour. The result: a tailor-made shade of pink with a subtle finish.' Read the rest of the information here. I really like the idea of tailor made lip colour as not everyone suits a variety of lip shades. I find, for example, that I look ridiculous in red lip colour and so tend to stick to nudes and pale pinks. This lipstick is not only exciting (who doesn't want a unique lip colour?) but it stands out a completely new product entirely and suits me perfectly. It provides just the right amount of shine without becoming too gummy and stick and retains the elegance and appeal of any other L'Oreal product. 


I found my universal lip colour in Boots for the introductory price £6.49, normal retail price of £8.99, and I absolutely love it, well done L'Oreal! What do you think?

1 comment:

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx