02/05/2015

Moving to Florida | Disney CRP 6 Months To Go Checklist!

Good morning :)

I've hit the 6 months to go mark. Well, in fact it's actually 5 months and 24 days to go now until I move to Orlando for the year, so I thought I'd write this blog post as a visual reminder for myself of the things that I need to complete, and for you to peek into the process of what it takes, post acceptance, for you to physically haul your life across the ocean...

Yummy Jobs set me up with a Cultural Representative Programme step-by-step guide / cheat sheet kind of document that will help the British CRPs get everything in order, which I have found incredibly useful.

So what do I need to be doing? (This list is not set in stone, you could, I guess, complete these steps no matter how close or far you are to your programme start date, providing they're all done before you step onto the plane!)
  • Accept job offer and pay initial fee - complete @ 02/04/15
  • Pay CRB check fee - complete @ 13/04/15
  • Receive CRB paperwork in the post and send back to YJ
  • Book a flight - complete @ 03/04/15
  • Arrange a hotel at the airport
  • Arrange a hotel in Orlando - complete @ 30/04/15
  • Upload all necessary documents to Disney's DOC
  • Research and pay for medical insurance
  • Scan CRB and email to YJ
  • Email flight information to YJ
  • Await 1 month before departure to arrive before commencing visa application
So that's a little update of where I'm at with my formal planning. I'm currently having a huge mare with my medical insurance because it's just so confusing and it's making me really appreciate the NHS! 

So my question for you is, what's one British home comfort that you think I need to pack in my suitcase that I'll miss while I'm away? (I'm thinking food related!) Let me know in the comments below!


2 comments:

  1. Aw good luck with all this! I'm going to France this summer for only two months for work experience and the paperwork is so frustrating! Oh yes, appreciate the NHS while you've got it! I never understand why people moan so much about it, we're the lucky ones :) tea, I can't do without proper decent tea. I always miss it while I'm away xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting, especially now you've only got 6 months to go - definitely likes you've organised yourself well, good luck with it all!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx