I've taken the plunge...I'm going to keep Marvelle company and join in with a little 50 day spending ban! (She's coming to the end of a much bigger and more respectable spending ban, but I haven't got the whatsits to join in with a great big one just yet!)
Why do I, Louise, self confessed shopaholic, want to endure the arduous torture of a spending ban? Just as an experiment really, to see if I can carry over my discipline and willpower and to hopefully begin to fill up my ISA again. J and I are moving in together in 8 days time (!) so every spare penny I have I will want to use to fill my little nest with lovely things.
So my ban begins today, April 22nd 2013, and will end June 11th 2013 (Just in time to treat myself to a dress for my graduation!)
- I am only allowed to buy essential makeup/skincare products when I have completely finished anything and everything like it in my 'stash'.
- I am allowed to still buy my every -10lbs weight loss rewards 'cause I need something to keep me motivated with that, but each reward has to be between £15-£20 and not more.
- I must not buy any takeaways/snacks, instead I must meal plan and economise with leftovers.
- I am still allowed to spend my £5 weekly to attend my SW meetings.
- I still, of course, need to spend money on bills (rent, phone, gym etc).
And that's it!
I'm excited (and nervous!) I have a wishlist as long as my 5'7 height so this will be hard, but also good and will teach me to stop being so wasteful, and who knows, I might use this in preparation for a bigger ban in the future.
Fancy joining in?