15/07/2013

Perfect Palettes


So I've recently re-discovered my eyeshadow palettes. I don't mean that I ever lost them in the first place, more like I put them in my makeup drawer marked 'palettes and miscellaneous' and neglected them. And now I feel bad, because I've neglected them in favour of a more simple makeup look for summer, the 'barely there' face, a bit of mascara and pink blush and that's it.

I decided to get out of this rut the other day by deciding to play with some eyeshadows and see what I could come up with. Eyeshadow is hard work on my face in the heat. You'd think that by applying a primer and pressing the pigments into my skin that they'd stay there all day, never melting, and never blending into one unrecognisable colour palette. But alas, that's not the case and I feel like the more heat the sun pours down on the UK, the more my eyelids sweat and I end up feeling all clogged up and gross.

This aside, I'm trying to get over this by embracing my eyeshadow palettes this summer. I have too many lovely shimmery gold colours that really look lovely in bright light and too many bronzes and burnt oranges that really bring out my blue eyes.

One thing that I've told myself to do is to say yes to more things this summer instead of shying away and continuing with the norm. I guess easing myself in with some gorgeous eyeshadow looks will be a fabulous way to start...best foot eye forwards then...!

What's the best palette that you own? I'm on the hunt for some more :)

10 comments:

  1. I have Naked 2 palette and I love it.
    Although I have been trying to be more experimental with the colours so I picked up Sleek Snapshots palette which is great.

    Kah-Feh Yen
    I'm currently running a MAC lipstick and other goodies giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the Naked 2 palette! I usually stick to the same shades though, I'm trying to be more adventurous haha! x
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the naked 2 palette looks gorgeous, although i'm always put off by the price! You have some really lovely palettes!

    Holly | www.alongcamehollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous palettes :) My favourite is the Stila In the Light palette :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Naked 1 palette, naked basics and occasionally naked2 and most recently been loving my new Sleek i-Candy palette for bright colours :)

    Much love
    xxx
    Dees Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i want them all, i have been trying to decide if i should start a mac palette or get the smashbox one but then i found a bobbie brown one i really like too aaarrrgghh! they are all similar shades so I am going to make sure i don't just buy all the same and mix it up ait.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your palettes! I still haven't got any of the 'naked' palettes I fell like a bad blogger, lol

    Kylie // lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the top Benefit Palette and thought it was great for achieving a natural basic look which made your eyes look awake and fresh. However I have moved to the Naked palette by Urban Decay and I don't think I could live without it. There is a shade for every look and they are great at lasting ect!

    Rachel x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like great palettes. I don't use eyeshadows much but really should..
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using the Naked2 palette, the colours work well for every occasion Xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx