13/03/2013

Birthday Day!


Now I don't know about you but I absolutely love reading about other people's birthdays, and I always get excited for people's birthdays, even when it's not my own! My birthday was yesterday, I turned the ripe old age of 22 and sang a lot of Taylor Swift because of it, check out this video to see what I mean!

J came up to Durham to spend my birthday with me, which was amazing because I hadn't seen him since January! On Monday, the day before my birthday, I caught him in Pandora after I had handed in my dissertation - cue squeals with delight. I ended up being so intrigued as to what he'd bought me because he told me that 'it's nice and it relates to our relationship, but you're going to laugh'. So, when midnight hit I wanted to see what he'd got me and unwrapped an adorable little love letter charm for my Pandora bracelet! I didn't understand at first, but he said he'd chosen a love letter because I'm always going on at him about how he should send me some post to my uni house and he never has, so he thought he'd buy me a letter instead. <3

After going to sleep, I woke up to snow, which hadn't happened on my birthday for about 7 years. Luckily the sun came out and melted the majority of it throughout the day so that didn't dampen spirits too much! I had a pretty chilled day for the most part. Being the early bird riser that I am I got up before J and entertained myself on my laptop and waited for him to rise. I couldn't wait any longer by 11am and bounced back into bed with my birthday post to unwrap this little lot. I'm such a lucky girl! 

After I unwrapped everything J finally got up and we went to Tesco to buy brunch materials (pain au chocolat, sausages, bacon, muffins etc) and then came back and feasted. I also fancied making some cupcakes and did so (cheating using a box mix). My housemates then popped into the kitchen and gifted me the Soap & Glory bits you see above and a homemade cake, yummy! 

We did some more chilling out after that and then got ready to venture out for cocktails and Chiquitos, my ultimate night out! I absolutely love Mexican food, so far this week J and I have had burritos, enchiladas, tacos and nachos. I just need a quesadilla to top it all off...! I went out with a group of my best chums, Amanda bought a sash for me to wear and a little cake (and some shots!) and we munched away before Chiquitos gave me a birthday cocktail and a little cupcake and everyone sang happy birthday to me.

Toilet OOTN!
Then it was off out for some more drinkies before I woke up this morning with a cold - boo!
Just want to say thank-you to everyone who took the time to comment on yesterday's post and tweet me, I loved reading all of your messages :) 

9 comments:

  1. happy birthday! Better late then never right? Sounds like a great day x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday...can totally understand the Mexican food mission, it's my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Lucky you getting such lovely pressies!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a lovely birthday, you got such great presents :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww looks like you had a fab time with some great pressies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've had a fab birthday I got the basics palette for my birthday and I love it so much xxx

    I popped over from twitter @coleoftheball
    Pop over to my blog sometime coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. I love your OOTN, you look stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday and received some great gifts! I got Soap & Glory, MAC & a Pandora charm too :)

    You look lovely in what you wore!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! The present from J is so sweet and sentimental! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx