06/03/2013

Event // Benefit's Launch of FakeUp, Tivoli Restaurant Fenwicks Newcastle


Whoo, I love Benefit! 
I was very naughty yesterday and ended up skipping my last ever university seminar all in favour of attending the Benefit Cosmetics UK 'FakeUp' roadshow event when it landed in Fenwicks in Newcastle. I'd not attended an event before, save for my little trip to TKMaxx the other morning, so I had no idea of what to expect, or who was going to be there. Worries were put aside straight away when I met up with Kayleigh from Couture Girl, Lucy from LucyRoseX and Shannon from RaspberryKiss outside of the Eldon Square Primark and we set off in search of the Tivoli restaurant inside Fenwicks.

Yummy Canapés 
We were greeted at the entrance to the restaurant by some fabulously enthusiastic ladies from Benefit, Jo, their social media manager, and Claire, the event co-ordinator for Scotland and the NE. We were offered beautiful flutes of champagne and some tasty looking canapés (the smoked salmon scones were particularly yummy!) before we sat down and got to know some of the other #bbloggers who had made it to the event too. It was lovely to meet Catrine from UnnakedNails, and lots of other girls who gave me their names and blogs (I'm going to do a little following session soon!).

Claire demonstrating FakeUp 
Claire then had us all stand up for the FakeUp demonstration. FakeUp is Benefit's new hydrating concealer that's launching nationwide on the 30th of March, and will be available in three shades, Light, Medium and Dark, priced at £18.50. It's an incredibly innovative little product encased in the most perfect packaging (loving the pink damask style on the silver tube). It provides up to 6 hours of hydration, and I can definitely vouch, having tried it at the event, that it felt very moisturising under my eyes - goodbye dry dark circles! I'm going to do a more in depth review soon when I've had the chance to try it out for a longer period of time, I've just put my face on this morning and used the Medium shade and so far I am absolutely loving it! 

Benefit are also celebrating the 1 year anniversary of their wonderful Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, another product I adore, and there were chances to win some bottles last night during a little quiz. Well done to those who won something! 

I had such a wonderful time with the Benefit ladies last night, and meeting so many fabulous #bbloggers from Newcastle and the surrounding area. As I said before some of use were a little bit nervous but all worries were put aside when we realised what a friendly bunch we all are! That's one of the reasons why I love the #bbloggers community so much! 

I borrowed this from Benefit_UK_IRE's Twitter. Such a lovely bunch of ladies!
To the girls who have an invite for the other Benefit FakeUp events further down south have an amazing time!  (I know they're going to Leeds, London, and most exciting of all my little home city of Plymouth, down in Devon. I wish I could attend that one too, it'd be lovely to meet some Devon, Somerset and Cornwall #bbloggers too - so holla at me if you're living down there!) There will be lots of laughs, because as Benefit say, 'Laughter is the best cosmetic, so grin and wear it!'

Thank-you so much Benefit for inviting me <3 

Are you tempted by FakeUp?
What's your favourite Benefit product?

14 comments:

  1. super excited for the Leeds event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great write up, in record speed as well! i'm hoping i can get some pics at lunchtime and post tonight. Nice to meet you :)
    Anna x

    onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it sounded like such a good event, and the fake up looks amaze. Love love love benefits packaging.
    I'm from Newcastle so hope to make the next get together xx

    Prettylittleus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got your post up so fast! It was so lovely to meet everyone I can't wait to try everything! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fab time! Really hoping I can make any future events, it would be great to meet some other bloggers!

    Amy at PaintPotted xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. im so jelly! i wish i was invited...but i guess i would need to get a plane ticket too! LOL. sounds you had a lovely time. xoxo

    http://makeupland2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so fun! The salmon canape's look so yummy! I love Benefit they're one of my favourite high-street brands. I love that quote at the end - so true! Hope you had a good time lovely :)

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those banoffee pies were so good! Here's hoping for another Benefit event in Newcastle!

    tashaajaynee.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very jealous of you attending this event! I absolutely love Benefit and it looks like it was great fun! xx

    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah what a fab event - I love Benefit! Sounds like you had a fab time! The canapes also look delishhh! Justine xx
    www.fashionmixbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww makes me so jealous! Haha! I'm in Newcastle too but I was working so couldn't make it :( looks like you all had a lovely time! I hope they do more xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looks good! And I love your blog :)
    Laura x
    Shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got yours up fast! I'm drooling over the canapes, wish I got to eat them tonight again!

    Was lovely to meet you last night (and I hope you feel better tomorrow!)

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh it looks like a great event:)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx