02/02/2012

Cadbury Philadelphia Cheese Spread


This is an odd post because this is, to me, an odd product. Now, I was perusing the shelves of Tesco the other night and stumbled upon this 'Light Philly blended with delicious milk chocolate'. My immediate thoughts were that it's akin to Nutella in the spreadable chocolate sort of way and then I remember that Philadelphia is, well, cheese! So I have no idea how this would taste but I am intrigued by it. My Mum cleverly identified that it'd be good for making chocolate cheesecake, but alas I hate proper cooking so no use to me there. The picture on the packaging is of a great hunk of bread smothered in the chocophilly (my name, not a legit term!) but I just don't know how it would taste and would I be willing to spend more than a £1 on something I might not even like. For now this product remains a mystery, but if anyone has tried it, or thinks I should just take the plunge and buy some, please let me know!

8 comments:

  1. im not sure whether id like to try it. dont think it would be so bad if you couldnt taste any of the cheese!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very tempted to get some of the smaller tubs and have a go! xx

      Delete
  2. I tried the Italian version which is made with Milka chocolate. I like cheese and chocolate and but philly just tasted weirdo. I didn't like. But yes, a friend used it to made cheesecake and it came out alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, perhaps I shall have to venture into the baking world and get my cake on! xx

      Delete
  3. What a weird combo! But I bet the chocolate cheesecake would taste amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, exactly what I thought when I saw it on the shelf! I think I might take the plunge and try some...xx

      Delete
  4. Just had some with pancakes and banana. It's like cheesecake in a tub, can see me smearing it on a digestive. (After all, digestives go superbly with cheese!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous!!! Made cheesecake and its lovely on toast wiv sliced banana too!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx