30/12/2012

As We Sit, Perched On The Dawn Of A New Year...

Found here.
Once again we find ourselves at the dawn of a new year, pumped full of hopes and aspirations about what the next 12 months will hold for you. I love the transition from one year to the next. I'm a Pisces, the water sign renowned for it's ability to daydream, dwell and fantasise, and I waste no time doing that in the days after Christmas and leading up to a new year. I like to remember the good bits from the previous 365 days and reflect on the times when I triumphed over the worst times, it makes you feel better, you can look at what you've learned, laugh about events that you never thought you could laugh about, and remember all of the good times.

Found here.
2012 has been full of brilliant things for me. It contains some of my most memorable events of my life:

  • I turned 21,
  • My boy and I celebrated 2 years of being together,
  • I got selected to be part of a 1000 employee crew out of 86,000+ employees to work at the Olympics for a week all expenses paid and had a fantastic time,
  • I passed my 2nd year of university and moved into the final year,
  • I went on my first holiday with my boy, to my home from home, Disneyworld in Florida,
  • I found excellent housemates completely by accident and am finally happy in my student home.
And so on...2012 also contains some of the events I'd rather forget, money troubles, being ill, having issues etc, but you know, keep calm and carry on!

Found here.
Found here.
Found here.
So as 2013 ticks closer to us I was sitting and thinking about making resolutions. I don't normally make concrete resolutions, more like a number of small goals that I can tick off or cross out in a notebook (I love lists!) to make me feel more accomplished. For example this year I am wishing and dreaming that I achieve:
  • Graduate with a 2:1 or a 1st from Durham
  • Celebrating our 3 year anniversary,
  • Booking a holiday,
  • Giving someone a hug,
  • Starting the Mulberry fund.
...and so on. I usually create quite a comprehensive bucket list and this year I have decided to make it public. At the top of my blog, where you find the pages, you will find '213 things for 2013'. This contains 213 mini goals to be achieved in 2013. I created one last year and managed to finish a good chunk of it, but some goals I didn't reach so they have been rolled over for me to try again. Take a peek, you might be inspired to do something similar, or find a goal you'd like to achieve.

What are some of your goals for 2013?

Best wishes for 2013, hope you have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year <3


11 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the bucket type list. I never usually do New Year resolutions but I like the idea of goals :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes them easier to keep I think, if you setting things down in stone, from my own experience, you're normally setting yourself up to fail!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've achieved a lot of amazing things, have a great 2013 :)

    X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh sounds like you said such a wonderful year! I love the wishes jar.

    Lindsey Louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was groovy...but let's make 2013 better, the only way is up :D
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love these posts! It sounds like 2012 was a good year for you, but reckon 2013 will be even better. I graduated from uni this year and I have to say it was one of my most proud achievements, and a highlight to my year :D I wish you all the best for 2013, and look forward to seeing more posts as your newest follower xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I going to make 2013 even better, that's for sure! Congratulations on your graduation, I can't wait to be a graduate :)
      Happy new year and thank-you for joining me and my blog!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I don't have any set 'goals for 2013' as such, but on my last birthday I set myself a list of things to attempt to achieve. I'm reviewing them at the halfway point in March, am excited!

    Another thing I plan to do is a positivity bank in a jar where I will try and write positive things down when they happen and then pop them in a jar to review at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow congrats on the Olympic trip! This post has made me want to make a goal list instead of a resolutions list too

    xoxo
    collegebeauty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx