17/12/2012

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

If there's one product I keep repurchasing it's Liz Earle's famous Cleanse and Polish. I love how it makes my skin feel after I've washed it and it smells delightful. What's not so delightful is the price, sometimes I just don't want to pay £15+ for a face wash, however much I love it.

In steps Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm at £8.99 (currently on offer reduced to £5.99). I have been eying up the ticket and the price for a while now, but ever since Boots Botanics had a rebranding not too long ago it's always been unavailable or out of stock when I search for it in store, perhaps it's just that popular?

I used it for the first time last night and had mixed initial reactions, but then it grew on me. Unlike Liz Earle's white cream cleanser that you extrude from a pump, Boots Botanics cleanser is more of a yellow/gold solid balm that becomes a paste like substance in your hands when you scoop it out of the pot. It was very oily when I applied it, not in the sliding all over my face kind of way, it just made my skin feel extra buttery for want of a better word. At first I didn't really like this, but then as I rubbed more of the paste in it started to work it's magic and I felt more cleansed (I must add that I'd already removed the bulk of my makeup prior to using this, just as I do when I use Liz Earle. I'm just not comfortable with applying a cleansing balm to cleanse my skin on top of my foundation!). This cleanser includes a cloth in the box, it's more substantial than Liz Earle's muslin cloths, they always feel so delicate to me. This cloth is a lot softer and more substantial, run it under the hot tap and it removes the paste and the grime from your face beautifully. I carried on with my usual evening routine after that, (removing and excess mascara clumps from halfway down my face, that sort of thing) and the cotton pad from my toner was clean and make-up free, the sign of a nicely cleansed face in my opinion.

I say I had mixed reactions because I wasn't initially too keen on the oiliness of the balm when it was applied to my skin. After realising that this was providing extra moisture to my face (I have quite dry skin) I started to like it, my skin didn't feel taut or hurt like it needed moisturising right that minute. With the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish I am always left with dry, flaky patches where the product has cleaned my face very thoroughly but stripped all the moisture out, with this balm there was none of that!

A little of this product goes a long way, it's so easy to spread around your face and leaves you with the nicest, just washed clean feeling that accompanies the prospect of a lovely night's sleep in a comfy bed. There's nothing more horrible that going to sleep in a face full of makeup and waking up feeling dirty. A product like this, that takes only a few minutes to apply and work, can be so easily incorporated into a little bedtime routine. I recently knuckled down to doing mine properly and my skin is really starting to thank me for it!

Have you ever tried this product?
What do you use to cleanse your face?

Have you entered my 10,000 page view giveaway yet? Do so here!


4 comments:

  1. I've used liz Earle and loved it but I definitely want to try this!sounds like such a bargain :) although I can imagine I would be a bit sceptical about how it felt too,sounds a bit unusual xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll need to use it for a few more nights to really see if it will clear up my face as it currently is, I have high hopes! Sometimes the most quirkiest of products are the ones that work the best! xx

      Delete
    2. I've actually tried the toner, cream cleanser, eye and face serums from this range. Gotta tell ya' it came as a surprise to me too that Boots bargains can do such amazing jobs!

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of Botanics products the face scrub is just lush. After reading your review of this balm I definitely want to give it a try! If it's a bit greasy may only use at night though! Thanks for sharing :)

    Efia @ effytalkslife.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx