19/12/2012

Essie Shine Of The Times & Ciate 'Cookies & Cream' Winter Nails


Day 19 of Ciate's advent calendar brought out a gorgeous nude colour called Cookies and Cream. It had been one of the colours I had been waiting to find since I eyed it up on their website. I decided to create another wintery nail art using Cookies and Cream and a gorgeous Essie polish I picked up in Florida in the summer for around $8 in Walgreens. It's part of their Luxe Effects holiday range for December 2011 called Shine of the Times. It has gorgeous shimmery flakes suspended in a clear polish that sit flat on the nail and shine gold/amber/bronze/yellow when you turn your nails in the light. I don't know if you can properly see it in the picture on the left, but it makes my nails look so glittery without look too over the top, the iridescence is beautiful!

I'm not too sure where you could pick up this polish given that I'm a year late to this party, but then again Essie has only just properly come to the British high street so I shall make my excuses. I have found it here (check for UK shipping!) but not any where else as yet. If you're desperate for it try Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure, or GOSH's Rainbow, they look like pretty good dupes!

Are you glamming up your nails for the festive season?

9 comments:

  1. i love glitter nail polish, this is lovely <3

    (i'm a new follower of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush isn't it!
      Thank you so much for following :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Shine of the Times looks soooo pretty! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought just that when I snatched it from the stand haha.
      xx

      Delete
  3. This nail polish looks so pretty.

    I've nominated you for Liebster Award :)
    http://wanischas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! :D I am trying to glam up my nails for Christmas~! :D Love your blog! I'm now following :D

    http://makingupashlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo how are you going to glam them up? Awesome, thank-you!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely shimmer! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx