13/12/2012

Wintery Nail Art


When I opened my Ciate advent calendar this morning I got super excited about this gorgeous blue polish called 'Glass Slipper'. I couldn't wait to try it out, but ended up feeling a little disappointed at the sheer opacity of it, immediately took it off and trundled off to my lecture with bare nails. I thought that 'Glass Slippers' has to be more than just a topcoat type polish and went around on the web to try and find ideas for glittery nail art. I stumbled across the idea of the reverse french manicure, where the colour on the very tip of the nail is applied at the bottom near the cuticle.

This gave me an idea for a reverse half french manicure, and this beautiful frosty nail art was born! I know it's not perfect, but I'm quite enjoying the speckles of glitter paired with the gorgeous baby pink colour of Ciate's 'Cutie Pie'. So if you have this calendar, and like me were initially disappointed with this colour, don't be put off, get your art on instead!

What's you favourite nail art trend?

Have you entered my giveaway yet? If not, see it here!

13 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous ! love the nail art :)
    busyxbees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous polish.. love your manicure too! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They complement each other don't they! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Louise, I've nominated you for the Liebster award, check what you have to do on my blog! xo

    http://velvet-ghost.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of your nails, they're so perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look so pretty and wintery! I'm terrible at any type of nail art so stuff like this always makes me jealous haha xx


    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank-you! I not the most arty of people, but it's all trial and error! Just have a go and see what you can come up with :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Super gorgeous! That blue looks really lovely, I like the design of it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx