03/12/2012

November Empties

This is the second month of empties here on Confetti Letters. I have never been very good at using up products before, yet here I am making a conscious effort to reduce my monumental stash in time for leaving the North East to settle down somewhere in the south once I graduate. (Can you believe I arrived at university with 2 suitcases to fill up my entire room in my first year. When I moved into my house for third year I had 11 boxes and 2 suitcases. Eek!)
Clockwise from top:

  • Superdrug large cotton wool pads - these were super adorable large rectangular cotton wool pads with teddies on, perfect for face cleansing and getting rid of make-up, definite repurchase.
  • I bought this acetone from Sally to remove my gel nails when I got them done back in October and once they were removed I decided to use it as a nail polish remover. It's good does the job but stinks to high heaven. Not repurchasing
  • Lancome Doll Eyes mascara, I loved this and wrote a review here. I would repurchase, but I have just bought it's sister mascara the Hypnose Star and that's just as brilliant!
  • Simple Brightening face wipes are lovely, they remove your make up and smell great. I'm not so sure on the brightening front though. I would repurchase these if they were on offer (that's how I tend to buy my face wipes!).
  • MAC pressed powder in Light - I really like this powder, it's light and suits my face and skin type to a T. I think I'm going to try a mineralise skin finish next though, just to compare the two. Would repurchase.
  • I got sucked in by the Me to You Bear packaging and the price of £1 for 89 wipes in the pound shop for these. I used them all up out of the fact that I felt I had to, not that I wanted to. I wouldn't buy them again.
  • This teeny tiny Origins tube is a sample of their latest moisturiser that I received in John Lewis. I loved it, it smelled tolerable and really made my dry skin feel amazing. Purchase the full size here, I know I am going to! 
  • Benefit's They're Real is one of my most favourite mascaras in the world, despite the rather pricey price tag. It really does as it says on the bottle and I will be buying another one when my currently mascara runs out! 
  • Lee Stafford Hair Growth shampoo and conditioner is another firm favourite of mine. I am yet to do a concrete test to see whether or not it actually makes my hair grow but for cleaning my hair it works wonders. I think I'll be doing a proper test in the new year so look out for that! Will be repurchasing. 
  • Jelly Belly's Toasted Marshmallow highly scented candle is my ultimate all time favourite scent. This is my third candle and I am on the hunt for another one. Definite repurchase!
  • Caudalie's Vinosource face serum was hanging around by my beauty baskets for a while. I got it in one of the beauty boxes a while back and really liked it. I've never normally used a serum before moisturiser before but I have decided to have a look and see what's available in Boots at the more affordable end of the price scale. 
So those are November's empties, I think I did rather well! 
What have you used up recently?

9 comments:

  1. Love how you've used up all those! :) I wish i could post something like this soon as I take too long in emptying products that sometimes theyre way past expiration and i havent used them up yet :( SO sad :(

    Love They're Real, MAC studio fix and Caudalie :)
    New follower here!! (On GFC & Bloglovin!)
    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take forever to use them up too! But I'm making a conscious effort to use up half empty lotions and potions because they just sit there and gather dust!
      Thank-you for following me :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lee Stafford Hair Growth shampoo and conditioner are so so good! I emptied them a long time ago and got new ones now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them too, and I'll definitely be buying more very soon!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I'm using the Lee Stafford growth treatment range at the moment and love it, but can't tell if it's helping my hair grow or not. It does make my hair feel lovely and soft and healthy, though, so must be a good thing!
    Great post chick. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it too, am I'm definitely considering actually measuring my hair and using it and then comparing the lengths, perhaps I'll write about it in the New Year :-)
      Thank-you xx

      Delete
  4. Toasted marshmallow scent?! :o
    Amazing.

    www.missvlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toasted marshmallow scent?! :o
    Amazing.

    www.missvlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toasted marshmallow scent?! :o
    Amazing.

    www.missvlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx